You probably know that restricted region websites are all around us. Sometimes they are restricted due to government censorship such as in China. Other sites like Hulu are limited for people that are outside the USA.
You do not have to worry because there is a way to avoid this particular problem, and the best way to do it is to check our article and everything that we will mention below.
For instance, you can use a BBC iPlayer VPN which will allow you unlimited access to British television without any additional problem.
The question is how to do it?
Why Are Some Websites Blocked?
The reasons for geo-restrictions are various, and while some of them are not available due to government censorships, some others are restricted due to licensing and copyright issues.
Since the freedom of speech is not something that happens all around us, many countries do not like for their citizens to use social media and other platforms for various reasons.
The government can block any content that happens especially if those websites are supporting freedom of speech as well as pornography, terrorism and illegal pirating.
If you want to familiarize yourself to this particular experience, you should check some websites that are geo-restricted, and you will notice error messages that will provide you information that you cannot access the site from the location you are at. Click here to learn how to bypass georestricted websites.
Virtual Private Network
VPN is the best way that will help you access any website and change the location of your server to any in the world. It creates a private tunnel that will transfer user’s data through. That will allow you securely access any network and share data through it without anyone noticing.
At the same time, a VPN will protect your online data similarly as Firewall, and it uses robust encryption methods which means that you will be completely protected and no one will notice where you’ve been.
Visit this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network to learn more on VPNs.
The sole purpose of VPN is to create a different physical location of your server, which means that you will access any website from distinct IP address so that you can bypass geo-restrictions and content filters as well.
- First, you have to find an appropriate VPN provider that will provide you with extra support so that you can access any website that you can think off without any additional hassle. Therefore, you should ask them and check whether they have that ability to allow you to create a tunnel that will provide you access to anything you wish to see.
- As soon as you pay the subscription, you will get an installation that you have to download and install on your device because that is an indispensable step that will help you deal with anything along the way.
- When installation finishes, you should launch VPN application or program and sign in the account you created so that you can access another network and change your IP location.
- You will have a list of servers with country name, and we recommend you to choose the USA if you want to access Hulu and other websites for streaming. On the other, BBC, for instance, requires you to find the server from the UK, and you should choose based on your preferences and requirements.
Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS is another method that will help you bypass geo-restriction so that you can easily unblock channels that are unavailable in your country. You should understand that it functions differently than VPN because it won’t provide you with a new IP address, but it will redirect your internet traffic.
Everything will remain the same as before when it comes to revealing your location and everything along the way. At the same time, your IP will stay unaffected. You should have in mind that Smart DNS proxy tool is a great way to unblock restricted material, but it is not efficient as VPN which means that it cannot unlock everything.
You will be able to manage various websites depending on which provider you choose, which is why you should research before you make up your mind.
You should learn that both methods feature disadvantages and advantages, which means that you will be able to access some websites with smart DNS, but it will still affect the internet speed. Therefore, you should check the pros and cons to it:
- You have to change DNS setting on the router you’re
- You have to check whether the website is unblocked after you use the specific DNS proxy
- All devices are supported so that you can rest assured
- Traffic won’t get encrypted, which means that there is no anonymity and your ISP will be able to see what you’re doing.
- You will have reduced speed of traffic and internet
- In case that your ISP finds out about smart DNS, they will be able to stop it
If you want to learn more on ISP privacy regulations, you should check here.
As you can see from everything that we’ve mentioned above, there are ways to enter geo-restricted websites, but you have to use one of the two methods we’ve listed.
Of course, the idea is to familiarize yourself entirely to both methods and their concepts especially if you live in a country with rigid censorship that will affect your internet browsing.