There are many different styles and models of windproof lighters on the market today. Finding one of the top 10 best windproof lighters in 2019 may be a little difficult. Here are some things to look for as you conduct your search:
- Construction material- make sure that the outer shell and arc points are made from strong material that will hold up over time
- Arc number- one is good but 2 is always better. Look for those windproof lighters that provide you with more than one lighting arc
- Charge longevity- you usually get about a week of use on one charge. That should be more than enough. Of course, that time frame lowers the more you use the lighter
- Flame longevity- as long as you keep the butane chamber filled with gas, you will have flame
- Use- the lighter should be able to work under all weather conditions. What makes flame lighters windproof is that they use more butane to keep the flame going. This costs you more as those lighters require frequent refillings
- Size- the weight and size of the usb lighter should be very small. This makes them easier to carry and not be a problem when you need something from your pocket
- Recharge time- while you need patience as you wait for the windproof lighter to recharge, you shouldn’t have to wait more than 1 to 2 hours. Anything more means the charger or battery is not that good
- Warranty- make sure you get the right coverage and for an extended period of time
- Price- these lighters are usually affordable and shouldn’t be a burden on your budget
The advantages of using a windproof lighter
Old-fashioned lighters needed ideal conditions to work properly. A little wind and they blow out. A little rain and they go out. The old-fashioned lighters also had wheels and strike plates that wear out.
All of these shortcomings have been overcome by the new windproof lighters. Here are some of the advantages that come from using one of the top 10 best windproof lighters in 2019:
- Few parts to wear out. Usually, it is the lid hinges that go first
- No wasted time refilling gas chambers. You also do not smell of lighter fluid
- You can recharge almost anywhere you are at. A good USB connection and you are good to go
- Weather doesn’t matter. Wind and rain shouldn’t put the arcs out and you can have heat when matches fail
- They are easy to use. Just one button lights up the arcs
- They look cool. The interior and exterior are nicely designed to impress your friends and family with your good design taste
The weather does not always co-operate when you go camping or hiking. It can change from a nice sunny day into a windy, wet, cold afternoon and evening. These conditions make it hard to use matches and normal lighters.
When you switch to one of the top 10 best windproof lighters in 2019, those dreary situations are a thing of the past. You get to build your fire, light it and be warm while you out last the weather.