In this blog, we have compiled a list of the best WordPress SEO plugins for your website. With the right SEO plugin for your WordPress website, you can rank your content higher and improve its quality to grow your business.
SEO plugins help boost SEO efforts while augmenting the site’s security, boosting its loading speed, and its overall performance. Since there are plenty of WordPress SEO plugins available, you must know how to choose the right one that will best suit your requirements.
The right SEO plugin can help achieve all the ranking and optimization requirements, while the wrong ones can negatively impact the site’s effectiveness and performance. Therefore, before we proceed with our list of best plugins, let us see why you require an SEO plugin for your WordPress website in the first place.
Why You Need a WordPress SEO Plugin?
To begin with, SEO plugins can greatly boost your site’s optimization and ranking. Getting started with a reliable hosting service to host your WordPress website is a good idea, but optimizing it for the search engine is imperative. This is because a majority of the people barely move beyond the first page of the search results. In such cases, the key is driving relevant and organic traffic that will ultimately drive conversions.
Additionally, you must be attentive towards other aspects such as keywords, understanding the search intent, optimizing images as well as your content’s readability. This is where the right WordPress SEO plugins can be helpful.
To summarize, SEO plugins can help you with the following aspects:
- Improve and enhance SEO practices
- Optimize your content
- Find pages and posts with high potential
- Recognize your site’s structure
- Fix and resolve broken links
- Conduct comprehensive SEO audits and competitor analysis
Now that you know why you require plugins for your website, let us proceed with our list of the 10 best WordPress SEO plugins that you can get started with.
10. MonsterInsights (Best WordPress Plugin for Google Analytics)
MonsterInsights is one of the highly preferred WordPress SEO plugins. It allows easy installation of Google Analytics. You can also see useful information about your visitors inside your WP dashboard. The plugin’s ‘Audience Report’ shows you the country/region, interests, devices used, age, gender, and many more about your visitors.
MonsterInsights is one of the best WordPress SEO Plugins due to the following:
- Easy-to-read analytics on the WordPress dashboard
- Google Search Console connection to track the website’s top keywords
- Analyze eCommerce SEO performance by tracking popular products and their performance
- Reports on mobile traffic with Google AMP
- Tracking top outbound links from the website to see the ones with most clicks
9. Rankie (Best for Rank Tracking)
Rankie lets you track WordPress rankings on Google by keeping a close watch on each keyword position.. It updates rank positions of keywords daily and generates powerful reports. It also incorporates a powerful research tool that generates valuable keyword lists which people are already googling.
Rankie is one of the best WordPress SEO Plugins due to the following:
- Tracks WordPress ranking on Google
- Generates ranking reports
- Integrates a powerful keyword research tool that generates a huge list of valuable target keywords
- Autotracks searched keywords
- Enables 4 different methods for locating positions
- Generates daily report emails with each position transition
- Provides unique ranking records and generates ranking graphs for each tracked keyword
8. WordPress Internal Link Juicer (Best for Site’s Internal Link Structure)
Internal linking is one of the crucial aspects of SEO. On that note, the Internal Link Juicer plugin is designed in a way that helps optimize the website’s internal link structure. It automatically links phrases and keywords in the comments and posts with corresponding pages, categories, tags and posts on your blogs.
Internal Link Juicer is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins because:
- It conveniently helps create internal links while avoiding SEO malpractices that can result in penalties.
- It sets anchor text keywords for each post in the library
- It automatically adds internal links to each post based on set keywords
- It configures the number of links that can be added to each post and the content it can and should not link to
- It also provides access to reports of the internal links
7. WP Super Cache (Best for Improving Web Page Load Speed)
Besides content and optimization, the loading speed of your website’s pages is crucial in determining its ranking. This is where the WP Super Cache comes into play. The plugin helps improve the web page speed across your website. You will only have to install it and turn on the caching features, and Super Cache will take care of the rest.
Super Cache is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins as it:
- enables test loading speed across multiple web pages on the website
- leverages tools like GTMetrix or Pingdom Tools
- enables the website to load faster while using fewer server resources
- provides regular updates since it is a free and open source product (from Automattic)
- is easy to comprehend and activate (especially for beginners)
- collects and clears out old files from the cache to prevent the caching process from slowing down the site in the process
6. SEMRush (Best for Beginners)
SEMRush is one of the highly preferred WordPress SEO plugins. It has a simple interface and is easier to work with for beginners. It focuses on SEO, paid traffic, social media, and content. You can find most of the information in the technical SEO audit.
SEMRush is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins due to the following reasons:
- Its analytic section compares paid traffic and organic traffic
- The plugin covers most SEO tools that are highly required for small to mid-sized businesses
- It conducts a strong competitor analysis.
- The plugin works best for running reports and analytics for multiple clients
5. Rankmath (Best for Website Content Optimization)
Rank Math helps optimize your website content. It provides real-time insights into your posts without you having to leave the WordPress dashboard. In fact, you can also optimize meta descriptions and titles with a snippet preview.
Rank Math stands as one of the best WordPress SEO plugins due to the following features:
- The plugin has been optimized for better speed so as to not affect the website’s loading speed.
- With its IndexNow integration, it quickly alerts search engines to any changes made on content
- Its optimized process helps Google crawl your content swiftly.
- It offers additional SEO features such as redirections, 404 monitoring and SEO for WooCommerce sites.
4. WP Rocket (Best for Ranking Higher with Better Speed)
As a matter of fact, speed is one of the few ranking factors that WordPress SEO plugins do not typically address. However, as speed is one of the major ranking factors, you must ensure doing everything to keep your site fast.
WP Rocket is a cache plugging (not an SEO plugin). It gives a performance boost to your pages that ultimately helps with ranking. When you install the plugin, it will run on your site immediately while optimizing your files, media and databases to help your site load as fast as possible.
WP Rocket is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins due to the following reasons:
- Compatibility with options such as Yoast, which gives increased site without any plugin conflicts
- Helps build a complex interactive website
- Top-notch customer support
One of the most important aspects of modern SEO is redirections. Here, Redirection allows you to implement 301 redirects using a simple URL manager. The plugin is very helpful because without it, implementing redirects becomes tedious which requires modifying the .htaccess file and adding manual entries for each new redirection.
Redirection is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins as it
- makes it easy to set up 301 redirects without having to add them manually
- includes a conditional redirection system that supports various parameters like login status, page type, etc.
- logs every redirect that occurs on website
- helps track 404 errors in WordPress
- enables changing website’s permalink structure
2. Yoast SEO (Best Free SEO Plugin for WordPress)
Yoast SEO is the most downloaded and one of the highly preferred WordPress SEO plugins among all. The plugin is available in two versions. The free version is helpful for learning more about SEO and the premium version is helpful for businesses to elevate their content game.
Following are some reasons why Yoast SEO is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins:
- Helps analyze how you have optimized keywords on pages and posts
- Enables adjusting the meta description and title to make it more appealing and keyword-rich
- Offers a readability check
- Detects duplicate content in your page or post
- Updates every two weeks
- The premium plugin offers a redirect manager with free support, content insights and an ad-free interface on the backend
1. Google Search Console
Google Search Console is the best WordPress SEO plugin you can use for your website. It is a free tool by Google that helps website owners and webmasters monitor and maintain their site’s presence in the search results. With this plugin, you can learn important insights about your search result rankings.
Features that make Google Search Console the best WordPress SEO plugin are:
- Alerts when Google is unable to crawl and index pages on your website
- Provide helpful tips on how to fix crawl errors
- Shows ranking keywords of your website, including anchor texts, average position, impressions and many more.
- Easy to connect with your WordPress website
This concludes our list of the best WordPress SEO plugins to use for your new website. Before you opt for any of the above-listed plugins, study your requirements to better understand them. This will help you choose the best SEO plugin that will fulfill your SEO, content, and ranking-related needs.